AWARDS FOR THE MOIRA ANDERSON FOUNDATION
- 2001 Runner Up- “Scottish Citizen of the Year” (Scotsman Readers) to Founder.
- 2004 Training Award- Silver Super County plaque for quality volunteer training services from North Lanarkshire Council to Trustees of the Foundation.
- 2004 National Training Award in Protective Behaviours from PBUK to Founder.
- 2005 “Scotswoman of the Year” (Evening Times Readers) to Founder & £5K to MAF.
- 2005 “Stars of the Community Award” from Monklands Association of Voluntary Services to all staff, volunteers and Trustees at the Foundation.
- 2006 OBE for Services to Child Protection in Scotland from HM Queen Elizabeth II in her 80th Birthday Honours List to Founder, presented at Buckingham Palace.
- 2007 Scottish Winners of the Nationwide Award for Community Endeavour (Adult Group) to all Trustees and Volunteers of the agency, and also UK Finalists.
- 2008 Open University Alumni Award for 2007/8 presented to Founder for her outstanding Contribution as an “Ambassador for Education” - The Open University.
2011 Finalists at VANL’s VOSCAR evening in the Category : Safer
2011 MAF Volunteer Marie Gault was selected as a Finalist for Volunteer of the
Year by VANL
2011 MAF Volunteer
Training- our Co-ordinator Anne Taylor was given an award by VANL
2011- Finalists for the Campaign of the Year, Scottish
Charity of the Year Awards
2012 MAF staff
awarded the Bronze Award by Healthy Working Lives
Magazine & Clarins UK Woman of the Year Finalist – £1000 award
2013 MAF given the
‘Volunteer Friendly’ Award by VANL
Award and Accreditation from Investors in People for good practice to MAF
2014 –Finalist for the Scottish Campaigner of the Year (Herald
Politician of the Year Awards) for Board Adviser Matthew McVarish
2014- Winner Top Scot in the Spirit of Scotland Awards
(Scotsman & Glenfiddich) to Matthew McVarish on his inspiring 10,000 mile
Road to Change Project